POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Some Lip Synch Testing : Re: Some Lip Synch Testing Server Time
18 Jul 2024 16:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Lip Synch Testing
From: Rune
Date: 29 Apr 2004 22:08:56
Message: <4091b538$1@news.povray.org>
=Bob= wrote:
> I was working on this for the "Classic Sci-Fi"
> project but (as usual) never finished it. I want
> to start working on this again and would
> appreciate some feedback.

It looks promising, but rather jerky and wobbling...

Perhaps you are using cubic splines for the movement? That can create
quite wobbling results, that are not always desired. I've had the best
success with linear splines for lip synching.

I created an extensive lip synch system include file back in 2002 which
give quite good control over the interpolation of the phonemes in a
rather flexible way. I only created some bicubic-patches mouth for it,
but it could be extended to work with other objects.

I did these two animations with it, that can be seen on this page:
http://runevision.com/3d/anims/

(It's the two called "Lip Synch System" and "AL the Alien - Talking".)

> http://www.comet-cartoons.com/toons/3ddocs/lipsync/lipsync.html

Ah, I used that one too!

> http://www.garycmartin.com/phoneme_examples.html

Nice one too. Hadn't seen that one before.

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com **updated Apr 27**